Nuvoton Israel is always searching for excellent talent to join our team in a variety of open positions.;
Our recruiting process is relatively short, discretion guaranteed. We respect our candidates’ time and try to be as efficient as possible.
The recruiting process includes a preliminary phone call to discuss expectations and check mutual interest and suitability. After we hold few professional /technological interviews, held by our top talents or managers.Lastly, we conduct an HR interview that is followed by a reference check. If all goes well, candidates receive an attractive job offer. The process is conducted with transparency and we try do our best to stay in touch and update all candidates throughout the process.
We invite you to join us…
Open Job Offers
Hardware Application Engineer
About The Position
Nuvoton Israel is a leading supplier of microcontrollers and security hardware solutions for tier-1 customers in the computing and servers business. It is a self-contained design center, spanning from product management, system and chip architecture, through design, software development, system engineering and production.
The group works closely with major customers, primarily key OEMs in the computing space, to develop semi-custom, innovative solutions for a wide range of application platforms.
We are looking for a Hardware Application Engineer, to maintain and support our strong collaboration with our customers
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead customers through all stages of designing their systems based on Nuvoton EC/SIO/TPM ICs from planning till production.
- Respond and resolve customer hardware related issues and requests, reported by the regional support team (FAEs) or directly by customers
- Work closely with R&D, architects and PMs to provide issue resolutions, workarounds, and implement product features or support tools
- Lead debug escalations with customers, build and lead engineering task force, build debug strategies and lead them to execution, while communicating to customer
- Develop deep knowledge of customer applications and systems, recommend application solutions, design ideas and products to customer design teams
- Work closely with field application support team and PM to prioritize issues, communicate status, and oversee end-to-end resolution
- Develop and maintain technical documentation (e.g. reference schematics, application notes, and design guidelines)
- Provide inputs and participate in next generation ICs definition based on customer inputs
- Contribute to the definition of innovative and differentiated products
To apply for this position, you must have
- B.S.c or M.S.c degree in electronic engineering with 5+ years of board and system design experience
- Prior experience as an Application Engineer in the Semiconductor industry or board-level Electronics Design Engineer
- Excellent problem-solving skills and sharp attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience with hands-on debugging of systems running multiple SoCs
- Strong lab test and measurement skills and proficiency with product characterization equipment such as logic-analyzer, oscilloscope, power supplies, electronic load, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer and function generator
- Experience with PCBs design (e.g. evaluation boards, interposer, etc.)
- High level English communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player and an ability to work directly with customers.
Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd
- Familiarity with Verilog, FPGA and CPLD implementation
- Former experience with working with Tier-1 OEM PC makers and ODM in APAC
- Personal Computing architecture and motherboard understanding, including HW architecture, FW and SW aspects